It's official, we've been nominated! For the sixth year in a row, Marmalade is in the running for Best Boutique in the Bay Area and this year we are ready to reclaim the title! But we can't do it without your support- please click here to cast your vote!
Voting ends on February 14th and winners will be announced on March 8th. We are so grateful for your show of support and look forward to celebrating another win with you! (fingers crossed!)
Hope + The Marmaladies
It's finally starting to feel like winter here in Northern California, which means lots of layers and we finally get to break out our cute boots. The "lumberjack chic" look is a trend that we're still seeing a lot of and with good reason- rich, saturated colors mixed with warm beiges and touches of black- it's an elevated color story that makes even the most basic styles come to life. Here are a few of my favorite picks for the season that I wanted to share with you:
- The Chambray shirt: I can not live without this piece and I wear it over (and under) almost everything else I own.
- This season Free People has done an amazing "pillow puff" vest that feels unlike any other puffer vest out there. The fabric and details make it a more sophisticated version of an otherwise very casual piece.
- A delicate statement necklace is an easy way to add a feminine touch to a traditionally masculine look, such as a plaid top or a military jacket.
- A checkerboard (or plaid, madras or similar) sweater is a great piece to have in your wardrobe. Wait it with jeans and flats and over a chambray top with the collar and tails peeking out for casual outings, or pair it with black skinny jeans and pointy boots for a more sophisticated look.
- A vintage saddle back is a must have for all seasons. I scour flea markets or antique stores for them whenever I'm traveling. Right now we have a pretty good collection of them in the store, but I'm always on the hunt for new ones!
- Just because it's cold outside and you're bundled up doesn't mean you can get lazy with your underwear....a pretty bra (like this one from Free People) is always in style.
- Paige denim is my go-to brand for premium denim- they always get the fit right (and no wonder, the founder was a fit model for most other denim brands before she launched her own line!) The "Verdugo" style (shown here) is a best seller for us.
- Never underestimate the value of a good pair of ankle boots. Suede, leather, black, brown, grey...it makes no difference. Wear them with everything from denim to dresses.
- A military jacket is perfect topper for us NorCal girls because it's juuuust the right amount of warmth. And they also look great over dresses- another testament to the juxtaposition of masculine and feminine.
- A waffle-weave cardigan is another great layering piece. Can't live without mine, in fact I'm wearing it now. :)
- Stripes never ever ever go out of style, and a soft long sleeve tee is one you'll get a ton of wear out of. Wear it now with jeans and a puffer vest, or In the summer with denim cut offs and red Keds for a preppy nautical look.
- A good, basic tank or tee shirt is invaluable. Great layering piece or wear on it's own with a long necklace for a laid back, LA vibe.
Most of these styles are in store now or will be arriving soon...happy shopping!
It's hard to believe that January is already half over, but there's still one thing forward to- our first sale of the year! Hope to see you this weekend, sale starts on Friday the 15th and ends on Monday the 18th.